Life is all about balance. When you have a balanced life you feel happy, calm and content yet motivated and driven at the same time. Highly successful people live a well-balanced life.
How To Live A Balanced Life
A balanced life means there is harmony in all the elements of your life. If you are feeling burnout, it’s a signal that you are focusing too much on one aspect of your life and neglecting the others. True success and happiness all boils down to doing your responsibilities yet making time for doing things that you enjoy.
Pillars To A Balanced Life
There are 8 pillars to a balanced life. These are actually the 8 dimensions of wellness. Create harmony among these pillars and you will be able to achieve not just your dreams and happiness but also your growth as an individual.
Here are some questions that you can ponder on to see if you have achieved balance in your life.
- Do you have enough sleep?
- Do you exercise?
- What kind of food do you usually eat?
- Do you have enough money to meet your needs?
- Are your debts manageable?
- Are you saving enough for your future?
- Do you have enough time to spend with your loved ones?
- Do you have a vast network of friends?
- Can you count on your friends if you need help?
- Do you pray or meditate?
- Are you grateful for all the blessings that you have received?
- Are you doing your life’s purpose?
- How do you manage stress?
- Are you constantly worried about something?
- Are there people that wronged you in the past that you have not forgiven yet?
- When was the last time you read a book?
- Do you travel?
- What new skill have you learned recently?
- Is there clutter around you?
- Are you happy with your surroundings?
- Do you care for your environment?
- Do you love your job?
- Is your work fulfilling enough?
- Do you always lose your temper at work?
Try to reflect on the above questions about your life and answer whether you have a balanced life or not. If it is not balanced, make a conscious decision to change all that. It would help if you could create goals in every aspect of your life. Only through a balanced life will you find a sense of fulfillment and meaning.
Feature Image by Pexels from Pixabay
Updated Version. First Published in Pinoy Smart Living on 09.07.2018