Did you know that some successful people like Olympic athletes hired visualization coaches to help them achieve their dreams? That is because visualization is a super powerful tool that helps high achievers reach their goals. Visualization helps them create their dream lives in their minds. It allows people to believe in this new reality that is manufactured in the mind. This brings about a new level of confidence to accomplish their goals. So, how to start with visualization?
Benefits of Visualization
Visualization is a mental exercise that allows you to focus on the future rather than the now. It makes you imagine a life that you could have. Why is it effective? Well, according to Jack Canfield, a motivational speaker and a co-author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul; Visualization gives you the following benefits:
1.It Activates Your Creative Subconscious
Did you know that brilliant ideas in the arts, businesses, sciences and other fields all came from the people’s creative subconscious mind? People’s imagination can produce genius thoughts; something that your conscious mind will have a hard time producing. You can get to this state if you find a quiet place to close your eyes and calm your mind. You need to let go of all the stress, worries and all negative emotions.
2.It Programs Your Brain
Instead of focusing on your difficulties, your brain will be reprogrammed to look at solutions. You will be able to readily perceive and recognize the resources available at your disposal. You will be able to find little ways or things that will take you one step closer to your goals.
3. It Activates the Law of Attraction
Since your brain has been reprogrammed to focus on the positive, this activates the law of attraction in your life. You will become a magnet, attracting people, resources and even circumstances and events into your life that will lead you closer and closer to your goals.
4. It Builds Your Internal Motivation
What separates successful people from those who are not is the level of perseverance. All the knowledge, talents and skills in the world are all useless without perseverance. Perseverance is persistence. It is the ability to stand up again when you fall. It is to continue working on one’s goals despite the challenges and difficulties. Visualization builds your internal motivation. It gives you your ‘why’.
How to Start With Visualization
It is easy to start with visualization more so if you understand the benefits behind it. But first, you need to be very clear on what you want. Your goals should be clearly defined. Once you have that figured out, all you need to do is set aside a few minutes of your time. Then sit in a comfortable position. Close your eyes and imagine.
- What do you want to achieve?
- Where do you want to be in the future?
Imagine the future as VIVID as you can. Imagine as if you are already there. It is a world wherein you are already living your dream life. Include all the details in your visualization. Activate all the five senses. See, hear, feel, taste and smell your ideal future.
Repeat this mental exercise daily. Choose the time of the day where you are most relaxed. That can be either in the morning, as soon as you wake up or at night, before you go to bed.
For example, your goal is to have a new car. Before you start your visualization, you need to be very clear first on what car you want, what is the model, the color, etc. Once you figure all these out, you are now ready to start visualizing.
- Imagine yourself waking up in the morning, in your room smelling the air. You should be able to smell the morning breeze. Imagine all the details in your room. Then, you stand up and get ready for work.
- After taking a bath and dressing up, you now go to the dining room to eat your breakfast. What is the food on the table? Imagine eating and tasting the food on the table.
- Once you are done, you are now ready to leave for work. You now stand and get your car keys. What is the logo on the key? What does the car key look like? Imagine holding the car key in your hand.
- You can now proceed to go to the garage. There, you see parked in the garage is your car. What is the brand, color and model of the car? You click the car keys to enter the car.
- Once you get in, you can smell the interior of the car. You turn on the engine and you leave for work.
- On your way to work, you turn on the radio of the car and you listen to music with a smile on your face.
To make it more powerful, it helps to create a vision board. A vision board is a visual representation of every aspect of your dream life. Then, expect amazing results.