Having to do a general house cleaning can take the whole day or the whole weekend. The daily 15-minute cleaning routine is a great way to keep your home looking clean every day. It reduces the time it takes to clean and organize the whole house. This means you’ll have less chores and more time for leisure on the weekends.
There are plenty of things you can do in 15 minutes to keep the house looking clean. Pick 3 things that you can do and spend 15 minutes to accomplish these tasks. You can do different tasks for each day of the week to keep dirt and clutter at bay in all parts of the house.
You can maintain the cleanliness of your home just by picking up things immediately and putting items back where they should be kept.
Here are some of the other tasks that you can include for the 15-minute cleaning routine for own home.
- Make beds
- Fold laundry
- Dust furniture
- Wipe down kitchen counters and table
- Wash dishes
- Clean kitchen sink
- Vacuum, mop and/or sweep floors
- Clean bathroom sink or toilet
- Clean up clutter
- Sort out junk mail
- Take out the garbage
To help you create the 15-minute cleaning routine for own house, ask yourself these questions. This will help you come up with the top 3 tasks in your own list.
- What really bugs me at home if it’s not cleaned/taken care of daily?
- Which area at home gets messy really fast?
- What small tasks can I do daily for just 5-10 minutes? Choose a small task that will make a big difference.
- What am I already doing daily that helps keep my home clean?
- What tasks can I delegate to my kids/spouse/relatives that they can do daily to help keep the home clean?
Assign your household members to help with certain taks. Don’t forget to smile while you explain to them the benefits of doing these tasks daily. Here are some tasks you can have them do.
- Have everyone put their beds in order upon waking up.
- Assign a time for kids to pick-up their toys and store them.
- Ask kids to prepare what they want to wear to school the next day.
- Have a schedule for washing clothes for each member of the family.
The good thing about the 15-minute cleaning routine is that you don’t get overwhelmed with the thought of cleaning and organizing clutter over the weekend. Doing small tasks throughout the week or throughout the day, will help to make your weekends less stressful from the thought of cleaning everything in just one day.